Thursday, August 1, 2013

Inspiration Thursday: Your Spouse, Your Number One Business

Sunday 7th of July, I was at the Awesome Treasures Foundation July Summit held at the Muson Centre here Lagos. The event was for singles, engaged and newly married couples; and was titled "Marriage: Where are the Real Men". To me the theme of the event could not be more imperative.

I'm very driven for women empowerment however the challenge in our time is that many women and men are not driven to achieve their full potentials because they are married to people who don't encourage them to, or may not even see it in them.

The summit was a call to singles to chose their spouses wisely. Here are some take home from the insight of the panelists.


1. Find A SPOUSE IN GOD:

One of the panelists had said that a woman must look to marry a God Man. This means a man who is fully aware of his roles as given him by God. A who has a good relationship with God.
This advice goes for the man too. A man must look beyond what appears to his eyes to see who a woman he hopes to have a concrete relationship with, really is.

2. Choose a Spouse who Knows Sees Your Vision And Knows Your Passion:

A spouse who is in tune with your calling will faster help you to achieve it than one who doesn't.  He/ She should be able to engage you and challenge you to be a better version yourself, and that challenge is of itself an inspiration.

3. Choose Responsibility, Virtue, Integrity and Intelligence over Looks and Wit.

In such a frivolous world as we live, we find that priorities have shifted. The focus of many young people is not on things that are truly important.
As a person hoping to achieve great things in life, you must choose a man/woman who is virtuous, intelligent and responsible.

If you are married and reading this, why not also improve in necessary areas. For example, you may decide to really try and understand your spouse's passion and see his/her vision so as to be able to help him achieve it.
Like wise, a good woman will help by creating the right home environment of peace that will help to foster prosperity.

Till next Inspiration Thursday

Remember to pray and pray to remember.




5 comments:

  1. cool stuff thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Tara pls what I want to say is not about d article.I LUV yu so much,words can't even explain how much I luv u(shy) Taraaaaa plsss won't yu have a promo or something?like cut d prices of ur make up training down for a while arrrrghhh. I rily want to go to ur make up school but my dad can't afford it and I haven't been able to raise up to dat alone.I have been planing to go to ur make up school since I finished uni but money didn't let me ☹ . I stay in in ibadan and sometimes I even go to ur studio at bodija imagining myself as one of d people training were.I rily hope to train and be like u one day by God's grace. I luv what u do tara,u inspire me a lot,I talk to my mom about u all d time,I google 'house of tara' all d time. I'm ur biggest fan.God bless you and ur family,u will never have any cause to weep over ur sons nd husband. U will have at least 2 branches of House of tara in all d states in nigeria and even abroad ijn. God bless u Tara and he will provide for me to be able to train in house of tara ijn.(don't laff @me wen u read dis o.lol).God bless yu ma'am.Damilola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only thank God for his grace and thank you for being a fan. let's see what we can do about your love for makeup. send your contact details to my assistant: pa@houseoftara.com.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Tara. Thank God am still single. I'll choose wisely. I decree and declare that am coming in contact with the right man that will help me fulfil God's plan and purpose for my life. Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just changed my mind. Have been finding it hard to make a decision. Thank u so much. Maybe someday I'll have the privilege of sitting down & discussing with You. May God continue to uphold u. Love u so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out